Saturday, February 7, 2009

Venice





Below, has been reworked in a few places to try to level out the tilt.  The first draft was done in knife then reworked the buildings with a brush.  I use a brush again for the third version. It went off track on the first version and has never recovered to the vision I had. Just my finesse and skills are not where my mind is yet. 


18x24 oil on canvas

Used and old canvas and kept trying to make the water level. I guess the pier on the left makes it look like the water is running down to the right. I did good on the flags on the left.

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Checking the horizon line of the water, I think that is what makes it feel like it's tipping, just that one little thing and voila - have you been to Venice? Rain here today - lots of it they say, maybe I will have a water horizon line to establish...

Avocaken said...

Hi Mark. I usually have problems with water tilting UP or down (look at my golf painting in avocaken blogspot). My little lake/pond looks like its going up hill! grrrrrrrr

Your tilting might be due to the right side of your painting leaning to the right - ala the Leaning Tower of Pisa? :-)

I feel your pain! Let me know when you get it figured out.

Regards, Ken B.